Recruitment

Application- 382 Frost mage/ Yamimage

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by YamiPauly » 20 Oct 2018, 13:06

General:

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location:
Name- Paul
Age- 26
Gender- Male
Location- England

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc):

Hello all,

So my name is Paul (As stated above) and I live in the East of England with my Fiancee, 2 year old daughter and 3 dogs (Tyrael,Sheldon and Ziva).
I have been gaming for pretty much as long as I can remember, starting from playing Pokemon on Gameboy and then progressing up to consoles and then eventually being led onto World of Warcraft by a friend of mine back in school, I tend to stick to WoW now but I do occasionally still dabble in games like FIFA, new Pokemon releases and the new Jurassic park game.

I currently only have a few hobbies that im really invested in as my work takes up a lot of my time and in he next couple of weeks will take up even more, I work for a car company that develops prototypes (Legally im not allowed to tell you anymore), I like football and right now most of my time outside of work and raiding is spent watching kids shows and movies with my daughter which I have no issue with as I still love Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh and disney films just as much as I did when I was a kid.

I have recently started appearing on a Podcast that talks about Jurassic park on the weekends so thats another thing that I enjoy doing /talking about and it allows me to rant and let off some steam that has gathered up throughout the work week.

Character Information:

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... g/Yamimage

Battletag: Paulyboy#2339

Describe your choice of talents and why you've chosen them:

Bone Chilling- Generally considered to be the best talent choice in row one, Lonely winter is not massively behind and much like in legion there is a chance it may overtake bone chilling, also considering the amount of fights in Uldir that have adds that can be frozen and shattered the pet frost nova is OP.

Shimmer- Double blink is just insane for most fights. If i remember rightly the only time i ever ran ice flows was during Varimathras mythic.

Incanters flow- Just cookie cutter for frost mage as the burst that is offered by Rune of Power , although great for arcane, is not great for frost as we have sudden dps spikes that can be lined up with incanters and not large burst windows.

Ebonbolt- Pretty much mandatory if your playing glacial spike so you can force the brain freeze when RNG decides your not worth it today.

Frigid winds- As a frost mage one of the best raid utilities we have is slowing mobs however the are a few fights where I have been dabbling in Ice ward (mainly for padding on heroic)

Comet storm- Comet storm offers solid single target damage and amazing AoE damage , The only time I would deviate away from this would be Splitting Ice on Vectis and Freezing raid on Zul, all 3 have there uses but comet storm has become the mainstay talent.

Glacial spike- Why is ray of frost even in the game? Glacial spike is our big hitter spell and combined with the shatter from Flurry can be upwards of 75% of a mages overall damage, Thermal void will have its day in the sun again as time goes on but once again at the start of the expansion we go with glacial, Thermal void is however useful on mythic zul because you never really have the time to use glacial spike when your slowing adds.

How do you prioritize your stats and why?

Crit>Haste>Versa>Mastery
Crit has pretty much always been the mage go to due to the shatter's that we can do but im gonna be honest I pretty much just go with the general consensus in the mage community on stat weights as the math gets a little out of hand for me.

Where do you acquire knowledge about your Class?

I watch a lot of mage streamers like Rikh and Drjay and Im also on the mage Discord channel, as it stands right now the other mage in my current guild is an admin on the mage discord and one of the big theorycrafters around the class so I pretty much listen to him and do what im told, Ive played mage for 98% of my world of warcraft playtime so there is very little the class can throw at me that im not prepared for.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)

Image This is from Antorus but I havent really changed anything.

What state is the state of your Heart of Azeroth?

25- Will probably be 26 before next reset

Link to your raid logs using using [url]LINK[/url].:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kilrogg/yamimage

Please excuse my Fetid logs, I am having to save my CD's for the second set of eggs in my guild current setup so its not great for me, Ive been watching some replays of the top frost mages on the fight and seeing how they are managing the CD's and given the chance im pretty certain I can pump those numbers up a lot.

Raiding History:

Describe your previous/current raiding experience:

I have raided pretty much my entire WoW Career, If im honest my attitude is that WoW just isnt fun without raiding, so whenever ive been playing the game I have been engaged in raiding in some form or another.

I started raiding in Kara back in TBC and went throughout the entire expansion raiding at a very casual level.

Wrath of the lich king I started taking raiding alot more seriously and eventually ended up getting Realm First! Celestial Defender in Ulduar along with realm firsts for all of the meta achievements.

Cataclysm I was playing very semi hardcore and only really started taking things seriously again during dragon soul but I still continued to clear content.

Mists of Pandria I took an extended break and only came back for Seige of orgrimmer.

Warlors of Dreanor I was completely MIA (I think i had discovered the females of the species or something so I just stopped playing)

Legion I came back and started playing DH for some reason with the intention of playing very casually, however that only lasted a few weeks before I found myself mythic raiding again in tomb of sargeras, after getting Harjatan down I realized that my awareness as a melee was just not suited to the harder mythic bosses so I geared my mage.

I joined a new guild that was pushing harder and managed to clear up to mythic KJ before it was deemed by the officers that we didnt have enough ime for mythic KJ so we stopped there.

In antorus I got Cutting edge Argus and if im honest the less I have to talk about that boss the happier I am.

Battle for Azeroth I am currently 6/8 Mythic and enjoying the content and raiding a lot , I have done the kiting of adds on mythic Zul so that would not be a problem for me, im now all read up on mythic mythrax and just looking to get the content done before the next raid release.

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving them:

Over the years I have been in A LOT of guilds however I will just reel off some important ones and more recent guilds-

Imperium- This is the No.1 raiding guild on Nagrand and the guild that I got my realm first title In, they are currently still top spot on the server, I cannot remember why I left back in Wrath but it was probably to play with mates.

Nocturnal- I joined these guys when I came back in Legion as they were a late night weekend raiding guild and that suited me well at the time however the progress was very slow and when i decided that I wanted to play mage again and push I started looking elsewhere.

Meridies- I was working nightshift at the time so I thought I would try my hand at daytime raiding, I was with these guys for the latter part of Tomb however after a while I realized that daytime raiding was killing me.

Once again- I joined these guy for Antorus and had a lot of fun with them however after Argus died most of the raid team lost interest and we were struggling to get a team together to re clear content so a couple of the main officers left the guild and arguments started.

THoF- Towards the end of Antrous when Once again was really struggling a friend of mine approached me abou joining his guild on my old server of Kilrogg, I applied and got in, I have really enjoyed playing in THoF however I have been offered a job on a new project at work and my work finishing times are going to move making starting raiding at 7pm UK time a massive stretch.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?

This should not be a problem.

We are raiding Sundays at start of each Tier for 3-4 weeks. Are you aware of it?

Yes, Once again this should be fine.

Are you able to Listen and Speak on Teamspeak?

Yup, I have Corsair headphones and a blue snowball mic.

What qualities do you bring to a Raid?

I personally think that I am a very good tactical player, I only really care about my logs when the raid starts hitting enrage timers, so outside of that I am happy to blink into things and sit in ice block to stop the raid from wiping.

I have played mage for a long time and have probably upwards of 500 days played on my account on just mages alone so im a veteran of the class, outside of WoW right now i do not play any other games so my focus is 100% on the game when im playing it, I try my best and outside of really bad RL situations I will always strive to be ontime everytime.

Outside of gameplay my banter is pretty much on point and my dad jokes a very well utilized in a stressful raiding environment....

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?

I need to spend some time playing fire and arcane as I am noy as adept at them as I was back in antorus where I would flip flop between specs on every boss depending on what was good on that fight, Frost has a lot to offer so I haven't really felt an overwhelming need to switch it up, I will however be taking some time to play the other specs in the coming weeks.

How do you feel about progression raiding?

It is literally why I play the game, I do enjoy a good Mythic plus push aswell however mythic raiding is World of Warcraft for me, If im not raiding then im probably unsubbed.

Where did you hear about Curse of Years and do you know anyone in the guild?

I was looking for some guilds that raid outside of conventional raid times and someone threw your name into the mix.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?

Your raid times are good for me and your progression is around what I was hoping for.

Do you play outside of raid?

Outside of raid I tend to do mythic plus most of the time (Luckily I still have a group of players on Horde that I can do high mythic plus keys with if I transfer away from alliance)

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?

My apologies for making this a very long application but finding a new guild to raid with around my new work times is a massive deal for me so I didnt rally want to be criticized for not putting in the effort.

Tell us a joke:

I went to the Zoo the other day and I saw a baguette in a cage.
I asked the zookeeper "Why is that baguette in a cage?"

....He told me it was Bread in Captivity.....

Dad jokes FTW :)
YamiPauly

by Ryna » 20 Oct 2018, 14:09

Hello... Thanks for taking the time to apply to CoY. Copying your app over to members section for discussion.. We'll be in contact soon!
Ryna

by Nagassh » 21 Oct 2018, 21:07

Application accepted, get in touch when you're on the realm for an invite.
Nagassh

by Gnarl » 02 Nov 2018, 01:29

Since you haven't revisited the forums since applying, it would appear you are no longer interested in joining the guild.

Feel free to reapply should you change your mind.
Gnarl

Return to Recruitment