Recruitment

Moofasa - Resto Druid

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by moofasa » 15 Aug 2019, 21:44

General:

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location:
Simon, 29, England (oi govenor brexit innit)

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc)
Total nerd (ha, neeeeerd), live and breath computer based stuff both in my spare time and for work. Trying to train teachers how to use computers whilst being harrased by primary school kids asking for my name repeatidly. In my spare time I sit inside playing games as often as I can because the outside is full of people and responsibilities, and lets be honest no one wants those. Played WoW for over 11 years now with any other games on the side, and just enjoying life.

Character Information:

Armory Link:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ofas%C3%A0

Battletag:
SpaceDuck#2450

Describe your choice of talents and why you've chosen them:

1st Tier: Generally stick to Cenarion Ward to allow me to give a specific target some focused heavy healing (mostly tanks, but at times a DPS with a heavy dot on them). Occasionally use Abundance if I feel there is a greater need for regrowth hots across the raid.
2nd Tier: Wild Charge is my default go to, leaping to players to get closer or cat/bear charging.
3rd Tier: Default is Gaurdian Affinity for the damage reduction and Frenzy regen, however if I know I can cat weave as healing is not an issue I will instead use Feral Affinity. Rare occasionas Balance Affinity if the raid is at a constant spread.
4th Tier: Typhoon for pushing things around, or mass root if its needed on the fight.
5th Tier: Tree of Life, 3 minute CD which is both a mini raid CD and a mana saving CD. Rare occasionas Cultivation if the raid is at a constant low health, this can help keep people alive.
6th Tier: Spring Blossoms, almost every fight has people stacking up making efflorescence a strong aoe heal further empowered by the extra hot. Occasionally take inner peace if a 2 minute tranq is absolutely needed.
7th Tier: Default is Flourish to empower tranq HOT (or WG hot if tranq is on CD for more than a minute). Occasionally take Photosynthesis if there is tons of constant raid damage and no need for flourish.

How do you prioritize your stats and why?
In general it is best to keep a balance of all stats with a favour to either haste or mastery (fight dependant). I use an addon called HealerStatWeights designed for Resto Druids which use magical mathematics to calculate what stat will give me the most value for the fight I am currently in.

Where do you acquire knowledge about your Class?
Druid discord for discussions, changes and advice.
Quesitonablyepic website for resources and tools such as item and azerite traits comparisons.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)
https://imgur.com/37a4z0k (dont have an updated one in combat as of yet)

What state is the state of your Heart of Azeroth?
Level 61, with epic quality Essences in what I use for raids.

Link to your raid logs using using [url]LINK[/url].:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ofas%C3%A0

Raiding History:

Describe your previous/current raiding experience:
From TBC to BFA, cleared everything when it was current with my notable achievements being Realm Firsts in Deaths Demise, Grand Crusade, Fall of the Lich King and Challenge Conquorer Gold.
In BFA cleared Uldir Mythic, Battle of Dazar'alor Mythic, Only Restless Cabal on mythic as the guild did not bother trying Uu'nat with it's insane class stacking requirement, and 4/8 Eternal Palace on Mythic.

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving them:
Blood and Tears (TBC to WOTLK)
First guild and first steps into raiding, left middle of wrath when faction change came out to step up to higher progression guilds.
Lost (WOTLK to Cata)
Achieved lots here, guild fell apart early Cata so I moved on.
Aurora (now Aurora Nox, Cata to present)
Spent 9 years here, made loads of friends, helped run the guild in MOP as officer and became GM in legion. Ran the guild till late last year, however recently the guild fell apart due to player bleed and game quits.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?
Yes

We also raid on Sunday at the start of a new raiding tier. Are you aware of this?
Yes

Are you able to Listen and Speak on Teamspeak?
Yes

What qualities do you bring to a Raid?

Fast learning and quick to adapt to new changes, some one who is willing to maximise my gear to provide the best output as well as the willingness to help people outside of raids if they need that bit more gear or that unique item from X dungeon.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?

Very, tend to offspec Balance but I also have Guardian gear ready if needed.

How do you feel about progression raiding?

If you don't get a chance to progress then whats the point in raiding? Progress is the main reason why I raid, I will happily wipe forever on some bosses (trust me, I wiped on Lich King for months on end, we got 1 kill and then wiped continously until cata).

Where did you hear about Curse of Years and do you know anyone in the guild?

Wowprogress website.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?

Having some excellent raid hours that does not require me to sacrifice my life and allows me to play WoW outside of raiding without issues.

Do you play outside of raid?

Yes, I enjoy spamming M+ in hopes on getting warforged/titanforged gear.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?

I made my own UI here: https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/ ... .html#info this is definitely not a shameless plug but you should consider downloading my UI *hint hint*
Also here is my warcraftlogs link https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ofas%C3%A0

Tell us a joke:

Your DPS/HPS, eeeyyyy
moofasa

by Gnarl » 16 Aug 2019, 13:06

Thanks for your application, we'll get back to you soon once our members have had some time to discuss it.
Gnarl

by Siccy » 16 Aug 2019, 20:45

We would like to offer you a trial. Please contact one of our officers/members for an invite once you are on the realm.
Siccy

by moofasa » 16 Aug 2019, 21:55

Thank you for the oppitunity, I will be transfering over as quickly as I can :)
moofasa

Return to Recruitment