Recruitment

Application Adrian-Draenor - Warrior / Rogue

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by Adrian » 26 May 2020, 13:46

General:

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location:
Adrian, 31, Male, Romania

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc)
This might sound dumb, but due to the current events in the world my hobbies right now are simply collecting mounts in game and boosting in free time.

Character Information:

Armory Link:
https://raider.io/characters/eu/draenor/Adri%C3%A4n - Rogue
https://raider.io/characters/eu/draenor/Adri%C3%A3n - Warrior

Battletag:
Hanz0#2855

Describe your choice of talents and why you've chosen them:
Not much that can be said here, as most rogue talents are locked in place. Right now, one of the only actual choices is on the defensive row, for some fights like Za'qul you want Leeching and so on. Also there are niche places for Prey on the Weak like for the Hulk on Azshara. Other than that, a new build has arisen that is supported by the vast amount of haste from expedients. Once you have enough haste you can play Exsang and Shrouded Suffocation build.

How do you prioritize your stats and why?
Like all players, I SIM. I sim an items many many times and for many scenarios.

Where do you acquire knowledge about your Class?
I am constantly keeping up to par with rogue builds from 2 major sources.
First is warcraftlogs, to check what is most effective in terms of raw DPS or if anything cheesy is to be found.
Second is the rogue discord, of which I am a daily reader as it is one of the most active class discords.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT

What state is the state of your Heart of Azeroth?
91 on both chars

Link to your raid logs using using [url]LINK[/url].:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/37531575

Raiding History:

- Cataclysm
Started playing, joined at the end of first tier, and start of Firelands. Raided with multiple guilds, as I was a noobie, and was guildhopping to join better and better guilds.
Ended up raiding with Civitas at the start of Dragon Soul, with which I've raided and cleared everything left all the way up until MoP.

- Mists of Pandaria
Continued to raid with Civitas, all throughout the expansion, up until we killed Garrosh, at which point the guild imploded and I subsequently quit the game.

- Warlords of Draenor
Did not raid, kept a sub up and progressed through the story, but no raids.

- Legion
Started raiding at the end of Emerald Nightmare. Rejoined Civitas for Nighthold and begining of Tomb of Sargeras. Swapped to Drive after Civitas has died and had stopped playing WoW for the rest of the expansion when Drive imploded due to the Guild Master / Raid Leader having sold boostruns for real money, and did not inform the guild of doing so. (+ my daughter was born this tier so I had no more time to play)

I had played on Alliance side for most of my wow time, and when Alliance started to die out and my guild had died, I had moved to Horde.

-BFA
Started raiding with a guild called Agnostic which had disbanded during BoD. After which I had swapped to a guild made up by friends, Evolve - then called Phantom Troupe - and had raided with them for the rest of BoD. Evolve is more of a meme guild ran by friends, which made me want to raid a bit more hardcore and then moved to Ninth Order with which I had raided all of TEP.

Got accepted into Fatboss guild at the end of TEP and went on to raid with them on PTR and several months of TEP reclears only to botch it by equipping a trinket by mistake(I had extra rolled Drestagath trinket and equipped it in both slots, then Ra-den trinket dropped and while clearing trash, I equipped it in an attempt to SIM it for my char) in our very first heroic Ny'alotha raid. Although Alex the GM of Fatboss knows I'm not the kind of guy to ninja, he said that even still, I shouldn't even be able to make this kind of mistake.
I still have him on Real ID and I explained that I understand the situation perfectly and I would've done the same thing.
https://i.imgur.com/Kqs7YYQ.png

This basically tilted me off the planet and I wanted to quit WoW forever. I had quit for a few weeks but returned to just do boosts and get myself some a big pile of gold for Shadowlands and am currently looking for my forever guild...

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?
Yes, I can meet all raid days without any problem.

We also raid on Sunday at the start of a new raiding tier. Are you aware of this?
Not a problem.

Are you able to Listen and Speak on Teamspeak?
Yep, no issue with that.

What qualities do you bring to a Raid?
I would say patience and visibility. I use Nvdia Shadowplay to record and see where I had fucked up or what can be changed and usually can offer input on things that has happened, if it is asked.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?
I play whichever spec is needed, I have no issue even swapping mains or keeping up multiple chars to raid with.

How do you feel about progression raiding?
For me progression is the most fun part of a tier. Nothing else compares to it. Everybody can enjoy farm, but it takes a completely dedicated maniac to love wiping 400 times on a boss and still love it. I am that guy.

Where did you hear about Curse of Years and do you know anyone in the guild?
I boost with a lot of you guys during our Friday 21:30 Team run.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?
I know a lot of you guys and you guys are the most chill guys I've met in WoW in quite some time. It would be a great pleasure for me to spend more time with you and hopefully the sentiment can be reciprocated :)

Do you play outside of raid?
Yes, I do quite a lot. I always try to keep my chars up to par through whatever content the patch currently has.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?

I will start by saying that my job is that of a Team Leader. I work for GSK and manage a team of 20~ agents that offer IT services, which should say two things about me, that I have no difficulties being communicative during raids and that I am a very patient person to the very core.

What I had learnt to be the most three important things for - any team that has a specific goal, be it killing a boss, meeting a deadline or anything that requires continued team effort - are:

1. A relaxed atmosphere. While there are some outliers to this, most people dont perform well under pressure. Keeping it cool will always be more beneficial than having an atmosphere where you can feel someone is about to pop a vein.

2. Taking time to fix issues. Most of the guilds I've been into, and not just only guilds, any kind of team for that matter, have an approach to problems that can be translated into " Bash your head into the wall until either your head breaks or the wall does " This can certainly be effective if your skull is thick enough, but I believe taking 2 minutes to identify and fix an issue is far superior to 20 minutes of trial an error. I am a strong believer that after each boss pull, a small discussion should be had to attempt to identify and fix whatever issue we had.

3. Actual teamwork. We have a saying at work: "It's you and me against a problem, not you against me." During raids people can get hotheaded and not realize a lot of the mistakes that do happen, do so because of people wanting to help but being unable to help for various reasons that are not necessarily bad. Like missing key information, hell even Method didn't know that you do 99% less dmg when you're shrunk on Mekkatorque. If players that are in what is arguably the best guild of all time can make a mistake like that, then it is true even more so for players that are in a far less strict guild.
Understanding that nobody wants to fail on purpose and everyone is in it together is key to having your team evolve with each obstacle.

Tell us a joke:
Nalgust got this during our boost KekW
Adrian

by Siccy » 26 May 2020, 21:41

Thanks for the application, I'll copy it over to our internal section for discussion and we will get back to you in a few days.
Siccy

by Siccy » 30 May 2020, 00:17

Accepted for trial. Just contact us when you're on the realm for an invite.
Siccy

Return to Recruitment