Recruitment

Zalaria - Resto druid

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by Zalaria » 16 Nov 2020, 14:34

General.

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location:
Katie, 27, Female, UK

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc)

Other than working a lot, I enjoy playing games, reading and going to the gym when it finally opens.

Character Information.

Armory Link:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/bladefist/zalaria

Battletag:
Acanthia#2115

Describe your choice of talents and why you've chosen them:
This type of question is slightly redundant for a healer as talents change a lot depending on the fight and/or the strength and weakness of the healing team. However I can go into the talents I have picked at the moment.

Abundance: Good efficient single target healing, helps with spike damage. Nourish as it is currently is a useless talent. Sometimes will use Cenarion ward if there is heavy tank damage and not much spike.

Wild charge/Tiger dash: Usually run with Wild charge for raiding as in most situations I feel it's better than Tiger dash, I might use dash if I needed to get out quickly/further with a debuff. Only use Renewal for Mythic+.

Feral Affin: At the moment I play Feral affin for the move speed and damage (and the azerite traits). Will switch to Guardian if the damage reduction is needed or Balance if the raid is massively spread

Heart of the Wild/Mass Entanglement: More damage. Useful on boss fights when there’s not much healing needed. Take mass entanglement if needed for certain bosses i.e Skitra.

SotF/Tree: Prefer Tree at the moment for another healing CD and can be lined up with every 2nd flourish.

Inner Peace/Spring Bloss: Generally use Spring blossom in stacked fights, if there is a lot of movement or another raid CD is needed I use inner peace. Again depends on raid comp/boss mechanics.

Flourish: Very strong AoE healing CD that works well with other talents. Would only ever pick Photosynthesis if we really lacked tank healing.

How do you prioritize your stats and why?
It’s basically ilvl over stats as int is too good. Then keeping secondaries similar. I do tend to get more haste/crit over mastery as that helps with catweaving.

Where do you acquire knowledge about your Class?
Druid discord, Questionable Epic, looking at logs.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)

Image - Most of my bars are hidden.

What state is the state of your Heart of Azeroth?

Link to your raid logs using using [url]LINK[/url].:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/bladefist/zalaria
Haven’t raided mythic since BoD so no recent relevant logs here. But you can see previous expansions/tiers.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/bladefist/eloriana?zone=17&new=true#zone=13&metric=hps
I transferred and name changed at the end of ToS. Here are my logs from ToS and before.

Raiding History:

I raided casually from vanilla til Mists. I started getting more into raiding in SoO (as a holy paladin), only achieving rank 865 (Lucid-Draenor). We struggled for people so we migrated to Draenor for Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry. We managed to get rank 542(Lucid-Draenor) for BRF. In WoD we got to Zakuun at rank 589 (Lucid-Draenor) but the guild disbanded due to lack of people but finished the raid with the rank 629.Here I rerolled druid. A few months into ToS progress people started leaving and we were struggling, so I had a little break until Antorus. That's when me and Eryks decided to raid more seriously and went to Anomalous on Sylvanas. We finished Antorus world 311 after having roster issues on Argus (we were world 192 on Aggramar). Sadly the guild disbanded shortly after killing Argus due to the GM and 2 officers quitting the game for various reasons. For BFA we joined Catch my towel on Chamber of Aspects, we finished the tier world 329 (peak 172 @fetid). The guild disbanded a day after we killed G'huun due to the very bad atmosphere in the last few weeks of progress. I then decided to raid in a more relaxed environment due to me moving house and raided with some old friends at Unlimited for BoD, but unfortunately the guild disbanded @Jaina due to people quitting the game and not having enough people to raid, we've killed Blockade at world 645. At that point we've stopped playing the game as well. We started playing a few months ago just catching up and doing our weekly 15's. Now looking for a serious guild for Shadowlands.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?

Yes

We also raid on Sunday at the start of a new raiding tier. Are you aware of this?

Yes

Are you able to Listen and Speak on Teamspeak?

Yes

What qualities do you bring to a Raid?

I am a flexible and well prepared raider - I am always looking at logs in how to improve myself for each boss. I usually keep a few alts that are well geared (monk and priest healers) so I can bring the best to each boss fight.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?

I am mostly comfortable playing balance.

How do you feel about progression raiding?

It is my main reason to play this game. I love competitive raiding and improving on my characters.

Where did you hear about Curse of Years and do you know anyone in the guild?

WoW Progress - I don’t know anyone.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?

The raiding hours suit me and I want to be in a strong, stable guild.

Do you play outside of raid?

Yes, I like to m+ a lot and play/gear up my alts.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?

I’m applying together with Erykss

Tell us a joke:

Why do Japanese people have slanted eyes? Because they are still squinting from the blast.
Zalaria

by Harrydh » 16 Nov 2020, 14:50

bad joke
Harrydh

by Candles » 17 Nov 2020, 16:34

Great joke. :)
Candles

by Gnarl » 18 Nov 2020, 16:41

Thanks for taking the time to apply.
Unfortunately with our current SL's roster (3 hunters and a full compliment of healers) it's not possible for us to offer you a trial at this point I'm afraid.
Good luck finding a suitable new guild.
Gnarl

Return to Recruitment