Recruitment

[SP] Swipingright

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by nikikostadinow » 29 Dec 2020, 11:12

General:

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location: Nikola Kostadinov, 29 (Male), Bulgaria

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc)

I am Software Engineer working for IBM for the past 7 years. My passion has been gaming ever since I was a kid. I am kind of a gym rat, as well. However, since the COVID lockdown... I have been training at home, gaming and working... this is basically my day to day activity. I also have cooking as a hobby.

Character Information:

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ipingright

Battletag: Mnmlsm#2874

Describe your choice of talents and why you've chosen them:
Shadow Priest

I do main Shadow Priest and have several alts (MM hunter and Prot pally). I find us really strong in single target DPS and some cleave fights (2-3 targets). It is not a secret, that we kind off fall behind compared to MM hunters and UH dks and the recent world first race composition are talking enough about this. However, as I said our time to shine will most likely come later into the tier as we scale extremely good with haste.

However, our lack of utility is also a problem. For example let's take a look at Artificier mythic fight. Our lack of mobility compared to mages and hunters is removing us from the pool of actually helping with seeds. You can have a hunter in the raid that will shine on DPS and in the same time can soak traps and do seeds. Same is the UH DK, he can provide a lot of utility and solid DPS. AMZ is extremely powerful utility where we can mitigate raid dmg.

I can go and on, but it is what it is. I still believe we can provide solid DPS and fit into competitive raid composition.

One of the places where our multi-spec can shine is Hungering Destroyer. Disc priest was extremely valuable when it comes to healing on this fight as the shields were actually working on the miasmas. One of the fights where we have considered shadows going into disc.

So yeah pros: solid dps and solo survivability (dispersion, desperate prayers)
Some of the conds: lack of mobility and raid-wide utility.

How do you prioritize your stats and why?

I am simcrafting my character regularly. I do have premium raidbots account which makes it easier. Depending on the fight (ST, Cleave, AOE, Hectic Cleave) I try to go for the best stats in the different scenario. While simming is not the absolute 1:1 it is still the best way to keep yourself up to date on the relevant scenarios.

Where do you acquire knowledge about your Class?

I watch at least 2-3 PoVs including one from my class.
I spend sometime on my class discord where I have several friends discussing each fight and different aspects of the game.
Go through logs and most importantly replays there to optimize my gameplay.

That being said I know strategies and killtimes may vary sometimes from guild to guild, so even with the greatest preparation, optimization will come with tries.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)

Absolutely everything is keybinded and in-combat I do not have my action bars, as I find them distracting.

https://prnt.sc/wbctqe

What state is the state of your Heart of Azeroth?

I believe this is no longer relevant part of the application, but it is in my bank as blizzard are not letting me destroy/delete it. :)

Link to your raid logs using using [url]LINK[/url].:

All of our logs are private for whatever reason, however I am willing to show you some screenshots and discuss them with you over chat/voice where I can shed some more light. I am fully aware how this looks to a more serious guild and that you might not wanna waste time on this, but it is what it is and if I am given the chance I will try to pull my weight. As I said, I believe I can still show some screenshots and provide explanation of the logs. Although my guild's chaotic fight executions and the lack of respect when it comes to mechanics is making it really hard to look bright on first glance from the logs. For example on Sire Denathrius they want us to play Searing Nightmare build and snipe each other on the cleansing pain adds, which for me is counter-productive because we have melees and hunters obliterating them. SS from our 2nd Shriekwing kill: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=676 SS from my average heroic performance: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png I don't remember a try where 5-10 people would not die from Massacare or sometimes tank will just cleave the center of the platform in hope of debuffing the right add etc.

Raiding History:

CN 3/10M 10/10H

Describe your previous/current raiding experience:

No Legion or BFA experience that is going to be relevant for your guild goals.

I know it sounds scary and I would totally agree if this is a deal-breaker for you, but I did not play the game seriously ever since WOTLK.

During the WOTLK I was playing on a so called "Cutting Edge" level (there was no such thing back then), but I always cleared the relevant content before it becomes obsolete.

Regrettably the world of logs site no longer keeps any record of my old characters/alts.

I was playing Enhancement shaman called Lellah in guild Union.

The reason I did stop there was the suicide of my guild master and that was a big reality check for me. I was ignoring a lot of real life activities and I was kinda consumed back then from the game and this kinda hit me and I decided to stop the game.

There was a big article going around mmo champion and other MMO websites about this.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/16- ... -that-ppl/

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving them:

My one and only guild that I raided recently was Infestation on Twisting Nether. Bulgarian only guild.

When I did join we had a lot of serious talks and promises about how strong we are going into SL, but this never happened.

Officers required us to have 2/3 chars and I have approached them to ask what they think we will need, as I find myself versatile and I would level whatever is needed. We stopped on MM hunter/Prot Pally, as I was told we will be doing splits and one tank would be ideal.

As soon as we started progression, there was a trend going on that I did not like. There were people doing the same mistakes over and over again without any improvement. I do believe nobody was giving a damn about how many wipes will take us for a boss to go down and I am left with the impression people are fine with our "progress" and they would rather wait for nerfs/buffs than actually pulling their weight and killing the boss.

I was doing log analyzes for the guild on our Hungering Destroyer wipe and it was obvious that it was not even the Mythic miasma mechanic wiping us, but people constantly dying from beams, expunge and lack of environment awareness.

That being said I decided this is not the place where I would like to progress this tier and expansion, so I am looking for a new place.

Apart from that we still have people with 180 ilvl items that are just ignorant about the progress and their character status. I value my time and it is unacceptable for me that someone will not make even a small effort in terms of gearing. There is literally easy way to get 184-200 items. This is not something I can tolerate when we are talking about mythic progression.

Overall the reason behind me levaing the guild is the lack of enthusiasm and strive for progress. It is a bit more "chill and casual" for me than what I expect.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?

Yes. I do work from home and I plan my real life activities around my gaming desires, not the other way around. I have no issues with extended raids or extra day raids, should this be considered.

We also raid on Sunday at the start of a new raiding tier. Are you aware of this?

I have no issues with any extra days/raids.

Are you able to Listen and Speak on Teamspeak?

Yes. I have both TS and Discord.

What qualities do you bring to a Raid?

I consider myself extremely adaptive to changes on the go when it comes to strategies and tactics. Apart from that I welcome every criticism and I can turn it into performance upgrade.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?

I can play DISC on a decent level.

How do you feel about progression raiding?

It is what I love about the game. The little steps we go through and adapt to the new challenges, the exploration and the fresh content.

Where did you hear about Curse of Years and do you know anyone in the guild?

I went through wowprogress to look for a guild.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?

I am looking for a place to achieve Cutting Edge progress in a friendly atmosphere with same-minded people. Not only that, I am on the look for a community and a new home where I can explore the gaming wonderlands. :)

Do you play outside of raid?

Yes, I love M+ and try to push it outside of raiding hours. Apart from that I am tempted to do boost runs, alt runs and whatnot. I am not the typical raidlogger, I just love the game.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?

I understand the lack of experience in BFA/Legion might look scary, as well as the lack of logs to judge my performance.

However, I do understand the fact that neither me or you would like to waste time.
I would not waste the time and the effort in transferring to another realm if I do not believe in my ability to pull my weight.

Should you consider giving me a chance, you will not regret it.

I have infinite desire for raiding and my motivation will be my driving power to prove myself. You will not regret it.

Tell us a joke:

What does a Soviet optimist say?

It can't get any worse!
nikikostadinow

by Gnarl » 29 Dec 2020, 16:09

Thanks for your application. I've copied it to our members section for discussion. We'll get back to you asap although things are taking a bit longer atm due to the christmas holidays.
Gnarl

by nikikostadinow » 29 Dec 2020, 22:34

trying to get some progress logs right now on 4th boss
nikikostadinow

by Kata » 29 Dec 2020, 23:02

Was in Union at that time, and joined again for all of Cata when Matikus got it back up and running. So I can at least back up your statement about playing back then. Loved the infamous / Union rivalry, wish you the best of luck in your app!
Kata

by nikikostadinow » 30 Dec 2020, 12:08

Kata wrote:Was in Union at that time, and joined again for all of Cata when Matikus got it back up and running. So I can at least back up your statement about playing back then. Loved the infamous / Union rivalry, wish you the best of luck in your app!

The adrenaline when were were racing for the Tributes in TOGC was so fuckin addictive. It was that time of WoW where community was all. :) Thanks for the backup though.
nikikostadinow

by nikikostadinow » 08 Jan 2021, 21:41

Happy new year!
Is there an update on the application?
nikikostadinow

by Gnarl » 10 Jan 2021, 22:27

Sorry about the delay getting back to you, but we've been super held up with apps for various reasons.
Unfortunately we won't be able to offer you a trial at this point, but wish you luck in finding a suitable guild.
Gnarl

Return to Recruitment