Recruitment

Felscarred - Vengeance application

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by Eyechewer » 02 Apr 2021, 02:25

General:

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location:
My name is Oria, I am 31 year old guy from Tel-Aviv.

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc):
My number one hobby is video games, specially console games. I managed to snag myself an xbox series x and ps5, with an oled tv, doesn't get much better than that.

I am addicted to subscriptions, I have every subscription imaginable (Netflix, Amazon prime, Apple tv...crunchyroll but don't tell anyone) and I put them to good use.

I work at a tech company everyone knows as a developer and I study masters degree in math in Tel-Aviv university, though I would hardly call that a hobby. I also invest and like to talk about everything investing. Hold BTC.

Character Information:

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... felscarred

Battletag: Eyechewer#2776

Describe your choice of talents and why you've chosen them:

In my nature I play very defensively (more on this later), and the talents I play currently on progress reflect that. I go with the fiery brand build, which is all about having fiery brand up as much as possible, reducing its cooldown, extending its duration etc. Demon hunters are very squishy outside of defensives, but with this setup i have a lot of defensives to rotate, and I do it well.

Agonizing flame due to its synergy with charred flesh and fiery brand legendary.
Burning alive multi target fights, fallout due to synergy with fiery brand lego
fracture because on demand healing, its the only real option
quickened sigil for dps, unless the utility of sigil of chains is needed
demonic is the only viable talent on this row, extra strong defensive
last resort again the only real option

How do you prioritize your stats and why?

Ok so that depends on the fight and how progress is going. If we lack dps and the boss is a dps test, I go for versatility.
If however the boss is not a dps check to the degree that my dps makes a difference, and or the boss hits really hard and its progress, I go for haste.

Again, I am very easy to kill outside my defensives. My strength is how fast I rotate in and out of those defensives, and thats what haste is good for.

So defensively: Haste > verse > crit > mastery
offensively: Verse > haste > crit > mastery

I used to play very defensively, this is my first tier where I am raid tanking and not just m+. If you see the logs, you will see that I prioritized defensive play, even going as far as triple endurance.

My opinion has since changed. Sadly you can't see it on mythic logs because we are extending, but if you look at my hc logs you will see improvement in the dps. I now think that it's not black and white, and defensive or offensive play needs to be decided on a fight by fight basis. My natural leaning is towards defensive play, but I can see why sometimes thats a mistake.

Where do you acquire knowledge about your Class?

Mostly warcraft logs, seeing what the top dhs play and what they do. Also shoutout to my boys from the fel hammer discord channel.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)

https://ibb.co/jLdqMb9

Link to your raid logs using using [url]LINK[/url].:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tqQRX8Z1wbMdczpv logs from tonights progress, feel free to browse.

Raiding History:

Describe your previous/current raiding experience:

I've been playing for a long long time, so my experience had its ups and downs, most lately ups. I joined Deus Ex in nyalotha, killed N'zoth with them as havoc main spec. I was asked to play tank in castle nathria, fell in love with it, and I've been tanking with them ever since.

The expansion i was most successful in raid wise was cataclysm, where i got world rank 50ish but that was very long ago.
BFA went sideways so I have no real experience from eternal palace. I did clear BoD and few uldir bosses though, and as I've said all nyalotha. Legion I mostly pugged so nothing major to speak of.

Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving them:

I'll keep this short by focus on my current guild. most of my other previous guilds simply disbanded. I am interested in leaving my current guild (ideally after I kill Denathrius with them, I don't want to be an asshole) due to differences in goals and level of play.

I think I can do better, and I am frustrated with the level of play, lack of progress, but most importantly that everyone is ok with it. This is the big issue. I wouldn't mind if they were attempting to fix the problems, but they have a "well we arent hardcore, we kill the boss when we kill the boss" mentality which I just don't agree with.

I want more from the game, and I think I am capable of it. Sure I'm not perfect, I'm relatively new to raid tanking, but I am consistent, I do my job well, and I am willing to put in the effort to improve and fix problems.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?

Not a problem.

We also raid on Sunday at the start of a new raiding tier. Are you aware of this?

I am aware of this. Also not a problem.

Are you able to Listen and Speak on Teamspeak?

Wow, teamspeak. That is old. Sure, whatever platform you choose.

What qualities do you bring to a Raid?

First of all, consistency. I think it's very important specially for the tank to do the same thing. Every. Pull.
Diligence - I prepare in advance, while I admittedly have fallen behind on stygia due to changing spec mid way, I am actively working to correct that, and most importantly research what other DHs are doing on bosses we are progressing on.
Finally stability - If you recruit me, you know I will be here on time, ready to go, doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and contributing to the teams progress.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?

Very comfortable, though I think for a tank the correct question is how comfortable you are playing other tank classes.
Again, very comfortable and will play whatever is best for any given situation.

How do you feel about progression raiding?

I love it, but I need to know that everyone is on board and have the same goals. When we're all in the same boat, it's the best. When I feel like I am wasting my time...well, this is why I am applying as you can imagine.

Where did you hear about Curse of Years and do you know anyone in the guild?

Wowprogress. Don't know anyone from the guild. Funny enough, I used to be a member. In early WoD as a shaman for a very brief period of time. Can't say I recall what happened. I didn't end up playing shaman for long, that didn't stick.

I ended up quitting in WoD for a long period of time, it was such a miserable expansion, returning basically when demon hunters were added. It's likely I left due to that, but I honestly don't remember and don't want to mislead anyone.

Seeing as it's been 7 years, I am willing to open a new page regardless of what happened in the previous iteration, I ask you to give me the same treatment.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?

Proven record of excellence and stability.

Do you play outside of raid?

Depends on the day and what's going on in the game. So i'll put this as on again off again. Mostly off again right now, except for the weekly m+s and stygia.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?

Thank you for reading my application, I hope you found it in depth, and understood the messages I was trying to communicate.
While I won't deny that I have room to improve specially on the dps front, and as I've said I've had a change of heart and I think the problem is mostly fixed, where I excel is at mechanics and survivability.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Tell us a joke:

https://ibb.co/Hp6bX5J
Eyechewer

by Siccy » 02 Apr 2021, 21:04

Thanks for the application. We'll get back to you in a few days once our members have had some time to discuss your app.
Siccy

by Eyechewer » 07 Apr 2021, 19:00

Quick update - Not that anyone asked, but the best final fantasy game is obviously X. It had an amazing story, the graphics were cutting edge, the music was beautiful (To Zanarkand anyone?) and the level up system had a lot of depth to it, blitzball was also fun.
Only fault I have with the game is that it's too easy and that cutscenes aren't skippable.

We don't talk about X-2. How they massacred my girl, even Denathrius doesn't massacre like this. Not like this.

I'm also a fan of FF games and wanted to add to the conversation, but it felt rude to reply on another applicants page.
Eyechewer

by Kata » 07 Apr 2021, 19:24

TEN??? Aite... insta decline this guy folks :D
Kata

by Eyechewer » 07 Apr 2021, 19:36

Is it because of the Tidus laugh? I bet it's because of the Tidus laugh :(
Eyechewer

by Siccy » 09 Apr 2021, 00:00

Application declined. Best of luck finding a suiting guild.
Siccy

by Eyechewer » 09 May 2021, 00:21

I saw you guys are recruiting tanks again. I am still interested in offers.

Updated logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=5

Let me know if relevant. Thanks.
Eyechewer

by Nagassh » 11 May 2021, 18:50

Afraid we have a trialist at the moment who we're probably going to pass, so I'll have to turn you down and probably close tank recruitment for the time being.
Nagassh

Return to Recruitment