Recruitment

DPS Application MM(Hunter) S(Priest)

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by Smurton » 18 Apr 2021, 13:24

Curse of Years Application form.
Remember your application is the first impression we have on you.

General:

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location: Morten Olav, 23, Male and I am from Norway

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc)
I play a bit of music but i mostly play wow and study. I do work out but i would not consider it a hobby, more of a health way of living. I mostly spend my time in a chair studying or playing World of Warcraft, which makes me wish to work out more for health benefits. I do like to go on long walks in the woods, and I love animal company.

Character Information: MM hunter, Shadow Priest.

Armory Link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... lrogg/urug
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... olassonqtx
Battletag:
mrmorton#2184
What strengths does your class currently bring to the raid (eg; Arms warrior bringing 2 target cleave and execute or Nightfae hunters bringing AOE burst)
Well first of all i play hunter mostly, so they have some great burst for add cleave in raid encounters. I also play priest atm for the reason that they have some great single-target burst with the "Shadowflame Prism" legendary. I initialy played Hunter since they were really strong in single-target and Aoe fights. So overall they were really good with the wildspirit bugg. My reasons for playing these classes was since i was going from healer to dps, and i just wished to play what was meta to help out my raid team. So I talked with my guildmaster about what would be good, and he gave me some options that would fit well into the raidteam.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?
I am not really comfortable on BM or Survival hunter. This is since i have only played hunter for this patch. I mostly played Disc with my priest but i got legendaries and learned my role as a holy priest on sunking just so we would get faster progress in the raid.
Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)
https://imgur.com/quNKtWD

Link to your raid logs using using [url]LINK[/url].:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... olassonqtx
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4 /Have not played hunter over 216 in mythic.

Raiding History:
Describe your previous/current raiding experience:
I had my first raid tier in BFA, the only experience before that was pugging. So i managed to pugg some curved achivments, but i have not been a hardcore raider ever. The most experience i got was more of a fluke. Since our guild went under after the guildleader snapped and left the server. So what happend is that the rest of us went over to "What the pugg" now called Delusions of grandeur-Nagrand. So we did play a little late in the patch but we did manage to get 10/12 Mythic nzoth. It seemd like we were on the way up, but some players left us for other guilds on other servers since we did have a huge gap from the best players to the worst. So raiding whise i would say i have played a bit, but i think i learned the most from other friends who are cutting edge and such. Like learning how to read logs and on how to improve on personal play.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?
Yes, i can meet all these days, i can also meet the sunday raid for the start of a new patch.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?
It was very motivated after starting in a boost community and playing with players that were supposedly better than me. It was a huge confidence boost in myself when i could beat other hunters that were either cutting edge or higer mythic progress than me. Since I got hard meme-ed for being a Kilrogg hunter it made it even more sweet to me that i beat all of the other hunters in the boost group. I have since tried to improve on multiple classes. As of today even though i have played hunter for one patch, i do feel the strongest on that. But i do think i can improve a lot as a shadowpriest.
My biggest goal is to reach a sensable ranking among the top raiding guilds in the world. My motivation behind it is to prove that i can play on a higher difficulity than others and perform well.
Do you play much outside of raiding?
It really depends on how our raid team looks. In my current guild i do play a lot for gearing purposes. I feel like there is a huge benefit from constantly gearing in a raid tier. This goes for my raider alts aswell. Having something optional that suddently is mandatory to make a fast clearing speed feels really good. Knowing that i bring something extra to a raid team makes me feel better. So i would say i play a lot after and before raid just to get enough resourses for raid.
Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?
I would like to add that i play anything the raid requires. I would not call myself a hunter main or a shadowpriest main. Since i do wish to play three chars in the start of the next tier. Among them is DestroWarlock, shadowpriest and one that is still up for debate (Because of current nerfing and we not knowing what would fit in the next tier). So i would say i am a very flexibel player that plays in large size for the purpose of getting as good as a can with a class for a raid tier. I will water down my classes to 1 or 2 chars when the tier is further in. But initaly start off with three would make the raid comps easier to manage.
Smurton

by Ryna » 18 Apr 2021, 23:00

Hey, Thanks for the application, Copying to the members section and someone will be in touch soon!
Ryna

by Nagassh » 07 May 2021, 07:38

Sorry for the stupidly late reply, had a bunch of stuff going on not that that's an adequate excuse.

Application declined.
Nagassh

Return to Recruitment