Recruitment

Healer application - Bondrin

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by Bondrin » 23 Jun 2021, 01:35

Curse of Years Application form.
Remember your application is the first impression we have on you.

General:

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location:

My name is Stijn, I’m 19 years old and I live in the Netherlands.

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc)
I have loved everything that has to do with computers and technology since I was young. I am a true nerd when it comes to video games and movies. I like the fantasy and sci-fi genre unlike many other people my age, hence why my friends are usually a bit older than myself. I like watching games of football every now and then and I follow certain eSports.
I’m studying Software Engineering at The Hague University of Applied Sciences and I enjoy programming and software development. In the future I’d like to have a stable job as a Software Engineer and enjoy life with my friends and family in my spare time.

Character Information:
Even though I officially applied with my monk on this application, I would like to mention that I don’t mind switching to any other healing class if necessary. I enjoy playing the game in many different ways and I would love to have the opportunity to learn and deep dive into another class again as I have done with Monk (elaborated later). I have a few classes already raid ready (>215 Ilvl, 40 renown) namely, Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, Holy/Disc Priest and of course, Monk.
For the purpose of this application I’m going to use my current main, Mistweaver Monk, for the next couple of sections.

Armory Links:
Monk: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/arathor/bondrin
Shaman: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/arathor/neleth
Paladin: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/arathor/palagan
Priest: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/arathor/melagan

Battletag: Melagan#2248

What strengths does your class currently bring to the raid (eg; Arms warrior bringing 2 target cleave and execute or Nightfae hunters bringing AOE burst)
Mistweaver Monks have been the black sheep of the healing lineup for a while now, and they have a difficult time getting a raid spot in high-end mythic progression. This is mostly due to their low throughput (due to high base mana costs) and low impact cooldowns (also missing DR cooldown). However, with the change to Revival in the next patch, it will be an overall increase to the spell and it will arguably be the best throughput cooldown.

What Mistweaver excels at is healing through ticking AoE damage as we have a lot of HoTs and small heals (Renewing Mist, Jade Wind, Essence Font, our mastery Gust of Mists, Chi Burst), especially when the Fistweaving playstyle is possible in the fight as the Ancient Teachings legendary is a good addition to this. Add on top of that the burst healing capability with Invoke Yu’lon and we are one of the best healers for dealing with constant ticking damage.

Our single target burst healing is enormous when lined up correctly with Essence Font, Enveloping Mist and Life Cocoon (which increases HoT received). Pairing this with the Invoker’s Delight legendary makes us spam empowered Vivify’s like crazy. Hence why Mistweavers are one of the best classes for throughput on fights like Sun King.
The Mystic Touch debuff is a must-have in any raid team as it increases the raid’s DPS by a significant amount. However, this can be provided by all Monk specs.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?

I have played Windwalker in raids before, though I have a lot to improve and I don’t enjoy it as much as healing. I have never played Brewmaster in a raiding environment.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)

I use Clique so some of my abilities are not on my bar (I.E. Soothing Mist is on 2 when I click on a raid frame target).

Link to your raid logs using [url]LINK[/url].:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/arathor/bondrin

Raiding History:
Describe your previous/current raiding experience:

I started raiding (on my priest) in guilds around Hellfire Citadel in WoD where I was in a few different Heroic raiding guilds. I enjoyed the process of being in a guild, logging in every day to talk to the players that I liked playing with the most and it was around this time where I developed my love and interest for raiding in a guild environment.

When Legion came around I was looking for a more serious guild and maybe even get into Mythic progression raiding. Around the Nighthold tier I met people in the guild Tre Lowen through my brother Nexin who was in the guild already. I mostly ran dungeons with them and eventually they asked me to join their raiding team. Which is where I have stayed ever since. We managed to get the first few Mythic bosses down in both Nighthold and Tomb of Sargeras which felt amazing as it was my first time experiencing true progression.

After Legion I didn’t play BfA as much because I played a lot of Classic. I enjoyed my time here as I never got to experience the original Vanilla game. I ended up raiding with a guild called Sin where we eventually cleared all raids up to and including AQ40. After this, Shadowlands and Naxxramas for Classic released around the same time (November/December 2020). I ended up choosing Shadowlands and got back into retail raiding with Tre Lowen.

In Shadowlands I wanted a new challenge. I wanted to play a different class. Mistweaver Monk sparked my interest as it was usually on the bottom of tier lists and is one of the least played specs in the entire game. I decided to try and get as best as I could on the class while not hindering our current raid team. I ended up raiding with Tre Lowen up to 7/10 Mythic and I massively enjoyed learning a new class and learning its strengths, weaknesses and searching for the class’s limits. Especially the Council fight taught me a lot about the class and motivated me to continue and go for Cutting Edge. Sadly, we stopped progression on Sludgefist a couple weeks after as the increased difficulty and personal responsibility of the fight ended up showing in some of our weaker raiders.

During the final part of Castle Nathria progression (about 2-3 weeks), I was asked to be the Healing Officer for our raid team by our Raid Leader Keats. I accepted and while I was not told what to do directly, I did what I thought was needed and I enjoyed the responsibility of the role for the time that it lasted. I ended up analyzing all of our healers’ logs and giving them advice as well as manage the healing cooldowns for the Sludgefist fight where I played around with ERT and Weakauras to facilitate an easy-to-follow healing rotation with popups and timers.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?
Yes.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?
I have known the name Curse of Years since I started raiding as one of, if not the best and consistent raiding guild on the server. What always amazed me is the fact that Curse of Years is the lone Horde guild on top of the server above the sea of alliance guilds. The raiding days are perfect for me and Curse of Years seems to be everything I look for in a guild. From the streams of Nalgust it looks like a very relaxed and laid-back environment which I enjoy being in.

Why I am applying now specifically is because this tier I’ve realized I want to go for Cutting Edge in future tiers. I don’t see this happening in Tre Lowen as it in the past they haven’t achieved this due to consistently varying levels of skill between the raiders. This made me think about my goals in the game and what I wanted in the long-term. My previous Raid Leader, Keats, who I spent a lot of time with in the past, also joined Curse of Years.

Do you play much outside of raiding?
Yes. I basically only play WoW and I enjoy the mythic+ element of the game as well as I learn a lot from these runs and I like seeing myself progress as a player.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?
I’ve played a healer as long as I play WoW. I identify myself more as a healer than any specific spec or class because this way I get to play what I like every tier and it works well against burning out. I enjoy improving my own gameplay by analyzing my logs, my meters and looking at other PoV’s for fights.

I hope that the fact that I’ve a played Mistweaver Monk for only 1 tier and managed to get some of the best logs and scores on Raider.IO on the server, shows that I’m very flexible and dynamic in what I play and I’m not limited to just one class or spec.
I’ve noticed that there is already a long-standing Mistweaver Monk in your line-up and I realize that potentially trialing as a Mistweaver is unlikely, hence why I wouldn’t mind playing any other healing class, including a druid, who I currently do not have raid ready.

Lastly, I know that my experience might not be what Curse of Years is looking for. I hope that by showing that I am flexible and dynamic and still young and ready to learn, I am capable of adapting and improving myself to be a good addition to your raid team.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
Bondrin

by Ryna » 24 Jun 2021, 13:53

Hey. Thanks for applying, Copying your app to the members section for discussion and someone will get back to you.
Ryna

by Nagassh » 05 Jul 2021, 15:12

Application declined I'm afraid.
Really sorry for the slow response, the patch release and raid prep has been a major distraction.
Nagassh

Return to Recruitment