Recruitment

Resto Shaman

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by Haidee » 02 Jan 2022, 01:59

General:

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location:
Haidee, 28 Female, UK

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc)

Hello! I work as a nurse but in my free time my main hobby is gaming I work for an agency so that would not be an issue for raids as i strive for 100% attendance and have only missed 2 raids since WOTLK even raiding at a much more casual level, I would like a guild with a solid roster with the same mind set as me (which is self improvement and cutting edge) but having fun while getting there! During my off nights i am either working or hanging out with buddies playing other games etc or finding out ways to improve myself in game and irl. Id describe myself as relaxed but strict given my job i find that extremely important both in game and IRL.
I also run a little AOTC guild on the side which myself and my partner run which he has taken charge of as of late because i would like to focus more on end game. https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/dr ... +Two+Guild
On the side i also boost for a few communities and enjoy doing so i also dabble in some League of Legends at times.

Character Information: Resto Shaman Main - Holy Priest Alt - BM Hunter (Trader but able to play at an acceptable level)

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... nor/Haidee

Battletag: Renissa#2861

What strengths do you feel your class currently brings to the raid? Resto shamans provide an extremely good tool kit with Spirit link totem being used to help with massive incoming damage, Earthen Wall Totem is always solid in providing some absorbs, Ankh Totem is amazing for skipping mechanics example: i used it a lot during SLG progress back in CN and this current tier during Painsmith, It does not absorb a battle ress and thats not including the nice 10% Increase in health for people stood inside it. Spirit walker grace that can make spells usable while moving can be great during fights where we have to move a lot. Ancestral Vigor is a very good talent to used for the 10% increase health which might be needed to survive spot damage fights. Wind Rush Totem is amazing for move speed to dodge mechanics such as Painsmith intermission. We have amazing interrupt (Wind Shear) meaning we could solo or duo interrupt an add if needed during a boss. Capacitor Totem is always good for stunning adds. Purge for purging buffs off bosses/adds if needed. Tremor Totem for a fear. Healing Tide totem combine with healing rain cond makes for a powerful cooldown. All in all resto shamans are a really valuable healer to have.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?

I can play Ele but not at the best level i like to fully focus on resto.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)
https://imgur.com/a/UQDgCbd
With LFR being extremely long queues i put my bigwigs on test. I track healer mana/cds and tanks cds I also use a vocal raid assistant to call out cooldowns too.
More than happy to go in discord to screen share a raid so you can see my UI in action or i can post a screenshot at my next raid i do.
I will be completely honest (as i was to one of the officers before applying) I still click around 3 of my abilities (not important ones).

Link to your raid logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/draenor/haidee Sadly my mythic logs are not shown as my old guild likes to keep logs private.

Raiding History:
Describe your previous/current raiding experiences / guilds. including reasons for leaving them:
I have been playing the game since TBC but raiding since WOTLK and gotten more serious during Cata and pushing for cutting edge since Nya. I would like to hope id be a good fit in the guild as i take criticism very well and welcome it during CN i was pulled up and told ways to improve so i have improved heavily since then as a resto shaman.
My partner is a former top 10 raider and currently playing in a top 300 guild as a raid leader so i have lots of experience from him alone you are both very close in world ranks, We both participate in raid testing on PTR so i have knowledge of the tier before it starts.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?

Yes

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?
I got messaged on WoWprogress by Nagassh

Do you play much outside of raiding?
I like to make gold and level alts.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?
I am going to add i am not the best player you have had apply to you i was also surprised when i got a message asking me to apply but i thought id tell you i am here to give my 100% and improve.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Haidee

by Nagassh » 05 Jan 2022, 20:14

Sorry for the slow response - been busy over New Years, I'll copy this over to the internal section and try to get a response out quickly.
Nagassh

by Siccy » 07 Jan 2022, 21:49

Application declined. Once again thank you for putting in effort on your app, it's always a pleasure to see. As we discussed and you know, The experience gap might've been a tad higher than we ideally would look for and we just got an offer from returning players we hardly could refuse. Best of luck finding a guild where you can improve at your own pace and get comfortable with full keybinds etc.
Siccy

by Haidee » 08 Jan 2022, 03:11

Thank you, maybe one day ours paths will cross when im much more skilled :)
Haidee

Return to Recruitment