Recruitment

Lythi - Rogue App

If you wish to apply to us, this is the place for you!

by Lythi » 18 Sep 2019, 19:38

Your Name, Age, Gender and Location:
I´m Chris, male, 25 and from Germany

Tell us a little bit about yourself (non-WoW related Interests, Hobbies etc)
Apart from gaming which is the lion share of my spare time i work as a programmer, do enjoy art and cosplay and Shoutcast the german MDI and RWF streams whenever those events are on.

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... hara/lythi

Battletag: Lyatha#2443

Describe your choice of talents and why you've chosen them/How do you prioritize your stats and why?
Dragging both questions together because the answer is the same: i sim my character and pick the options that perform the highest. Outside of sim stats i adapt my character to fill any role i need to on specific bosses. To be able to do that properly i try to keep up to date on theorycrafting and general class discussions

Where do you acquire knowledge about your Class?
Mostly the Ravenhold class discord or talking to other high level Rogue mains.

Paste a your UI via [img]LINK[/img] IN COMBAT
(Ensure that all Key Bindings are visible)
https://imgur.com/a/ggszyum
Not in combat but everything should be shown nonetheless.

What state is the state of your Heart of Azeroth?
66 Neck, most important essences on rank 3.
Getting Conflict rank 3 next week aswell as still working on Blood of the enemy rank 3

Link to your raid logs using using [url]LINK[/url].:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/34963317
dead server so no options to pug mythic, sorry.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/38724716
Priest logs. They are private but i´ll gladly provide my login info if you so desire.

Raiding History:
Describe your previous/current raiding experience / Tell us about your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving them:
I started raiding "high end" mythic (WR 150 or better) during ToS, with Weeping Angels - Draenor.
Got picked up by No effort - Azshara during Antorus after i left WA due to differences with the officer team. No Effort disbanded on Zul due to recruitment issues since the server was pretty dead.
Finished Uldir with Naga stole my Wife - Frostwolf; passed my trial, but got kicked out of the blue soon after for VERY questionable reasons, still don't know what really happened.
I joined Northwind for BoD where i am currently still a member. I want to leave because on one hand i was not offered a reroll spot and i really don't want to see mythic on my priest anymore (at least not as a main char). On the other hand i was unable to keep good attendance during progress due to me finding a job and moving across the country. Since i started working again my attendance is back to the usual almost 100% but i want to reduce my raid schedule a bit to reduce the stress on my daily life.
I reached Hall of Fame for Horde all throughout BFA so far.

More Information:

Can you meet our raid schedule of Wed/Thur/Mon 21:00 to 00:00 server time with at least 90% attendance?
Yes!

We also raid on Sunday at the start of a new raiding tier. Are you aware of this?
Yes! As mentioned before i do shoutcast the MDI which is why i might run into trouble on sundays that overlap with west cups but that would amount to 3 sundays max.

Are you able to Listen and Speak on Teamspeak?
Yes!

What qualities do you bring to a Raid?
I´m a friendly guy and very dedicated to the game and the guild i´m in. I´ll do as much as i can to contribute to the progression, in and outside of the raid, be it personal performance, general boss strategies or log analysis. I´d say i´m a mechanically good player and don't neglect mechanics to pad meters, but my biggest strength is communication. I´m very vocal and don't shy away from shotcalling mechanics if the officers want me to do it.
Apart from that i´m very relaxed, usually get along with everyone just fine and am always up for a joke. Nonetheless i focus during pulls and don't chitchat; i also take constructive criticism very well and always review my own performance to improve.

How comfortable are you playing your offspecs?
I´m pretty confident i´m able to perform on a good level on every spec my class has. If not, i´ll be good enough as soon as it will be used for progression.

How do you feel about progression raiding?
It's literally the only reason i still play the game, i love progress.

Where did you hear about Curse of Years and do you know anyone in the guild?
Nagassh contacted me on WoWprogress which is how i found the guild.

What encouraged you to apply to Curse of Years?
Good raidtimes, YEARS of guild history (i´m looking for a guild to raid in long term), a good overall impression of the guild when i checked out the details/website and Nagassh's honest answers when i asked a few question.

Do you play outside of raid?
I do yes, i enjoy every aspect of the game. The more people are around to do stuff the more i play. But i also tend to play other games from time to time which reduces my online times a bit.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to your application?
Thank you very much for reading this far!
I´m not that great with words and also i appreciate that you didn't close it right away when you saw my logs.
If you´d like to get to know me a bit better i´m always up for a chat so feel free to hit me up on discord (Lythi#1163) or Bnet (Lyatha#2443).

Again, thank you very much for considering me!

Lythi
Chris

Tell us a joke:
Why can't a rogue get a job as an electrician? They Sap people.
Lythi

by Gnarl » 18 Sep 2019, 20:26

Thanks for applying. It'll take a few days to look over your app then we'll be in touch.
Gnarl

by Nagassh » 26 Sep 2019, 11:50

Application declined I'm afraid - we're trialing some other melee dps at the moment, taking another melee would likely mean someone was 100% failing a trial based on melee room alone, and that's not really a recruitment stance I like to take.
Nagassh

Return to Recruitment